Proposed Changes Code of Regulations – PASSED
Summary of proposed changes below – more information can be found here
- The revised Regulations change the election calendar so that the nominating committee presents its slate of candidates 30 days before the annual meeting, with a two week period for additional nominations, and then a final ballot being presented approximately 10 days before the annual meeting. At the time the final ballot is presented, absentee voting can begin. These changes prevent the ballot from being changed at the last minute and the elections being opened and then closed, as occurred in 2018.
- On a related note, the revised Regulations clarify when absentee/electronic voting can commence.
- The revised Regulations confirm in more detail the term limits for members of the vestry and the wardens.
- The updated Regulations extend the terms of elected members of the nominating committee to two years to ensure continuity. After a transitional period, the terms will be staggered.
- The new Regulations allow for the appointment of a non-voting youth delegate to the vestry.
- The revisions clean up the references to the Canons and Constitution where applicable.